STANDARDS FOR DISTRICT FORMATION
Factors Favorable to Approval:
- Development requires one or more urban-type services, and by reason of location or other consideration such service or services may not be provided by any of the following means in descending order of preference: (a) Annexation to an existing city. (b)Annexation to an existing district of which the Board of Supervisors is the governing body.(c) Annexation to an existing district with an independent governing body.
- The proposal is for a primarily rural or agricultural area and is for a limited non-urban type services which cannot be provided by an existing dependent or independent district.
- The proposal is consistent with adopted spheres of influence and does not conflict with city or county general plans.
Factors Unfavorable to Approval:
- Slight need for urban-type services or required services may be provided by alternates in descending order of preference: (a) Annexation to an existing city. (b) Annexation to an existing district of which the Board of Supervisors is the governing body. (c) Annexation to an existing district with an independent governing body.
- By reason of relatively low revenue base in relationship to the cost of desired services, the proposal is financially infeasible and not in the public interest.
- Due to topography, isolation from existing developments, premature intrusion or urban-type developments into a predominantly agricultural area or other pertinent economic or social reasons, urban-type development which would be fostered by proposal is not in the public interest.
- Boundaries of the proposal do not include all of the service areas or potential service area or are otherwise improperly drawn. 8. Proposal would result in a multiplication of public districts making difficult the ultimate provision of adequate full local governmental services to a larger region of which the area proposed is an integral part.
- District proposed is not the best suited to the purpose and better alternate types are not available.
- Proposal is inconsistent with adopted spheres of influence and adopted general plans.